Limit your Visibility!
A lot of your Facebook Profile is visible to strangers. To see what Strangers can see,
Log in as your normal account. Partway down the page to right of the Menu (Posts.. About.. Friends)
are three dots […] Click on these and pick “View As..”…
Scroll around., This is EVERYTHING that a total stranger can see. Many items are listed World Visible for various reasons that you thought should be “Friends Only”
This is how fake FB Freind Requests keep happening. Worse, if not made Private,
the list of your friends are listed to strangers- They will get Spammed and Scammed.
These changes will NOT be noticeable to your ‘Regular People’ (Friends)
Regardless. What to Do
* Click your profile picture in the top right of Facebook.
* Select Settings & privacy, then click Settings.
* In the left column, click Privacy.
* Next to: “Limit the audience for posts you’ve shared with friends of friends or Public?,
click Limit Past Posts.
* Click Limit Past Posts, then click Limit Past Posts to confirm.
Continue exploring this area to limit Freind List visibility, etc.
Now revisit “View As”… and all you should see is your Profile Picture and Banner.
These days I do not leave a viable picture of my “Self” up, rather, something abstract.
This will not completely solve your Problems as a lot of data scraping has been done and stuff from years ago can be put into action long after your Privatise FB
There is even an option to stop Google indexing and helping anyone find your name
It’s now harder to use a fake name on FB but, I did that for a long time
* Cull Friends who seldom or never interact with you on Facebook- “Orphaned Friends” as their account can be broken into and used against you and they might not know.
* I NEVER friend or respond to anyone I do not remember meeting IN PERSON or who is DIRECTLY connected to such a person- One Stage Removed, NO Further.
* Similar Issues but less critical with Instagram, “X”, any Social Media, basically.